I’m pretty sure the only person that enjoys school is me, because of that I found ways to get good grades and still have a balanced life. I have combined these discoveries into 5 tips. Read. soak it all in. (or if your in a rush… skim, the main ideas are bolded lol.) AND learn. Here they are:
1. Pens and Paper. Ahhhhh, the school essentials. I think my B I G G E S T pet peeve in life, is when the mechanical pencils squeak during a math test and you literally want to burn every pencil on Earth. Love pens, hate pencils. So as a result, I only use pens. When I was in high school, I got a pen assortment (probably from http://www.hobbylobby.com ) for Christmas. It had 50 colors and they all wrote super well. My second semester of school, I (and everybody in every class I had) would use them to take notes and quizzes. I slowly started to realize I became excited to write, learn, and listen. I found school a tiny bit less dreadful #highschoolsucks. As the ink in the pens got lower and lower, my grades got higher and higher. Fast Forward to college, and it’s the only thing that have gotten me through long lectures and study dates. Moral of the story kids: find cool pens and write cool notes. Your welcome. P.S. T H A N K S M O M
2. Sleep with an agenda. Okay, not literally lol. However, Agendas are essential people, I repeat E S S E N T I A L. My first semester of college, I was so overwhelmed with assignments at the end of every week, that I could have been a walking poster child for anxiety. Obviously, the “system” I had for getting shiz done wasn’t working. I reassessed. The next semester I went to http://www.hobbylobby.com, (a current fav.) and found an agenda (I recommend an agenda that doesn’t have dates already planned for you, you can fill it in month by month). Instead of just writing down when everything was due, I also wrote down when I was going to do them. LIFE SAVER. It never felt like I was drowning in assignments or suffering from PTSD after finals. I felt busy, but not overwhelmed. If something was due Sunday, I would put it on my homework for Monday and by the end of the week, I had little things left to do. You get the point. Plan. Prepare. Progress.
3. What happens inside the prison cell… I mean classroom… is important. I have learned that teachers say things for a reason, crazy I know. Best thing I have ever done and will continue to do, is on the first day of school, sit at a seat that is in the front row. I know its hard, you want to take the seat in the back with your buddies so you can sneak a peek at the insta feed every now and then…. I get it. But let me be a grandma for a minute, school is not social hour; its learning hour. Linda on Instagram will still be there when the bell rings. I found that sitting at the front forces you to pay attention, ask questions and take notes cause your in plain sight of the prison guard…. I mean teacher. Shoot. Anyways, if you’re worried about losing followers, sit with the nerds up front… let them follow you…Boom…instafamous. Don’t just be dead weight. Learn. #teacherspet
4. You know that one relative that calls you all the time to “see how her baby is doing” and just talks your ear off until they bleed? You might want to answer the next time you see that dreaded incoming call. Mwahahahah. Ok, but really, all jokes aside, call someone that you know and talk to them about your life, your drama, the weird kid in class. But more importantly, TELL THEM AND TEACH THEM ABOUT THE THINGS YOU LEARNED THAT DAY (in as much detail as you can). Teaching a subject has been proven to master not only the subject, but also make you sound like super smart. Umm, A+ in life am I right? I used to call my boyfriend (poor Cody lol, love you though) and talk and talk and talk about everything I learned. He ended up retaining some of the things I taught (I know guys hes like kinda cool) and would help me study for finals. So just talk. P.S. it is shown that the brain craves social interaction and it can help relieve stress to vent and let it out to other people. So let’s stop being annoying and help each other. (https://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgonigal_how_to_make_stress_your_friend?referrer=playlist-talks_to_help_you_manage_stres)
5. Think of your mind and body like BFFLS, or whatever the young people call it now a days. When the body is sad, the mind is too. When the mind is angry, the body comforts it. Same thing with the stress that comes with school. Stress is like an evil little plague that can take over if you let it. So don’t. take care of your mind AND body. Ditch the fast food and pack a lunch. Get sleep. Exercise. It will help you Stay focused and happy. However, the body isn’t the only thing you would take care of… that mind needs more attention that a needy girlfriend. Give it some. Enjoy a hobby. Take a relaxing bath. Do something with friends, have a good time, and take care of yourself. That way, when the friendship of the mind and body is tested during finals week, their bond in stronger than those skinny jeans you put on the other day. Trust me. I got you.
OBVIOUSLY, THERE ARE SO MANY TIPS AND TRICKS TO HELP YOU SUCCEED IN SCHOOL. FIND WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU AND TELL EVERYONE WHO THINKS DIFFENTLY TO BUZZ OFF. IF YOU LIKED SOMETHING I SAID.. SAVE IT TO YOUR MINDS CAMERA ROLL. YOU GOT THIS BOO BOO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.
I N S T A G R A M- @Raylee1299